* notmuch-haskell
@ 2010-09-18 22:05 Bart Massey
From: Bart Massey @ 2010-09-18 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: notmuch

I've posted notmuch-haskell, Haskell FFI bindings for libnotmuch, on
Hackage (http://hackage.haskell.org).  They're quite preliminary, have
no documentation, and probably are a bit buggy.  However, they should
let you get started working with notmuch from Haskell code.

    Bart Massey
    bart@cs.pdx.edu

* Re: notmuch-haskell
@ 2010-09-19 18:50 ` Daniel Goldin
From: Daniel Goldin @ 2010-09-19 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: notmuch

1) Suddenly I am not longer able to send mail in emacs. Worked before. Don't
how I might have broken things, When I send in message mode, I now get this
error. "wrong-type argument, listp, t"

Any help gratefully appreciate.

2) On a side note, anyone know how to enable opening attached files in emacs
directly with an external program such as evince, or perhaps being provided
with an option to save or open. Right now clicking on, say, a pdf attachment
brings up a save command in the minibuffer.

Thanks.

d.

--
Daniel Goldin
626.817.2462

* Re: notmuch-haskell
@ 2010-09-19 18:53   ` Daniel Goldin
From: Daniel Goldin @ 2010-09-19 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: notmuch

Using emacs 23.1.1, notmuch 3.1-59. Here is relevant code from .emacs:

(setq mail-host-address "gmail.com")
(setq user-full-name "Me")
(setq user-mail-address "me@gmail.com")

(setq smtpmail-starttls-credentials '(("smtp.gmail.com" 587 nil nil)))
;; Must be set BEFORE loading smtpmail
(setq smtpmail-auth-credentials (expand-file-name "~/.authinfo"))
(setq smtpmail-default-smtp-server "smtp.gmail.com")
(setq smtpmail-smtp-server "smtp.gmail.com")
(setq smtpmail-smtp-service 587)
(setq smtpmail-debug-info t) ; change to nil once it works
(setq smtpmail-debug-verb t)

(require 'smtpmail)
(setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(require 'starttls)

--
Daniel Goldin
626.817.2462

* Re: notmuch-haskell
@ 2010-09-23  7:35     ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2010-09-23  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Daniel Goldin; +Cc: notmuch

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 11:53:22 -0700, Daniel Goldin <danielgoldin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Using emacs 23.1.1, notmuch 3.1-59. Here is relevant code from .emacs:

[ SNIP]

> (require 'smtpmail)
> (setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
> (setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)

Is `smtpmail-send-it' able to queue messages when SMTP server is
unreachable ? If so, can this queue be automatically flushed when one
send a new message successfully. I mean, all messages are queued *but*
when one message passes, then, the whole queue is flushed.

Cheers

* Re: notmuch-haskell
@ 2010-09-23 16:17       ` Daniel Goldin
From: Daniel Goldin @ 2010-09-23 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Xavier Maillard; +Cc: notmuch

Apologize for having accidentally sent request in response to Re:
notmuch-haskell, and thanks for the response.

When I commented out (notmuch-fcc-dirs t), smtpmail started working
again. Any thoughts?

d.

--
Daniel Goldin, LMFT
626.817.2462

* Re: notmuch-haskell
@ 2010-09-23 16:36         ` Thomas Jost
From: Thomas Jost @ 2010-09-23 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: notmuch

Le 23/09/2010 18:17, Daniel Goldin a écrit :
> When I commented out (notmuch-fcc-dirs t), smtpmail started working
> again. Any thoughts?

notmuch-fcc-dirs should be a string or a list, not just "t".

If it's a string, it indicates in which maildir your sent messages will
be saved. If it's a list, you can have different outboxes according to
the From header of your messages.

You should read the documentation for this variable: C-h v
notmuch-fcc-dirs RET (or just look for it in notmuch-maildir-fcc.el).

Regards,

--
Thomas/Schnouki

* Re: notmuch-haskell
@ 2010-10-02 13:13 ` Ali Polatel
       [not found]   ` <E1P4TnN-00044l-6R@po8.org>
From: Ali Polatel @ 2010-10-02 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Bart Massey, notmuch

On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 15:05:07 -0700, Bart Massey <bart@po8.org> wrote:
> I've posted notmuch-haskell, Haskell FFI bindings for libnotmuch, on
> Hackage (http://hackage.haskell.org).  They're quite preliminary, have
> no documentation, and probably are a bit buggy.  However, they should
> let you get started working with notmuch from Haskell code.

I've written haskell bindings¹ for notmuch using c2hs sometime ago but
didn't post them on Hackage. These bindings are well documented as far
as I can tell.

I've also started writing a notmuch email reader in Haskell, called
Qoropa². It can't do much right now, you can only view search results
with it.

Due to lack of time, I couldn't work on these projects in the previous
months, but I'm willing to start coding again.

My knowledge of Haskell is primitive, which you can understand if you
read the code but if you want to cooperate anyway, I'd really be more
than happy to give you push access to these repositories.

¹: http://github.com/alip/hs-notmuch
²: http://github.com/alip/qoropa

--
Regards,