Thanks! I didn't know unicode equivalence existed, but it seems to be the feature I want, so at least now I have a name for it :) And yes, actually setting the stemmer would also be cool, I saw that Xapian has a Hungarian stemmer but I kind of assumed all stemmers are applied somehow (although it makes sense they're not). Is stemming done during search or would it affect the database as well? Just to have a notion of how complicated a settable stemmer feature would be. David Bremner ezt írta (időpont: 2022. aug. 8., H, 16:58): > Bence Ferdinandy writes: > > > Hi, > > > > I'm in the process of trying to set up reading email in the terminal and > > just installed notmuch, which looks like a pretty awesome tool. I > currently > > have one question nagging me: > > > > I have a lot of mail in my native Hungarian, which properly written is > full > > of characters like éáűúü, but if someone's writing on a non-Hungarian > > keyboard, or just quickly writing an email from a phone, they often drop > > the accents as it's faster and we'll likely understand anyway. Is it > > possible to set it up that if I search for "lanc" it would also match > > "lánc" other than going `notmuch search lanc OR lánc`? > > There is some previous discussion at > > > https://nmbug.notmuchmail.org/nmweb/search/id%3A87efp2b9er.fsf%40tethera.net > > I don't think anyone worked on this in the meantime, so I guess the > short answer is that there is currently no support, but people have > tossed around some ideas. > > d > -- +36305425054 bence.ferdinandy.com