From: Bence Ferdinandy <bence@ferdinandy.com>
To: David Bremner <david@tethera.net>
Cc: notmuch@notmuchmail.org
Subject: Re: matching both accented and non-accented character for non-accented characters?
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2022 17:24:53 +0200	[thread overview]

Thanks! I didn't know unicode equivalence existed, but it seems to be the
feature I want, so at least now I have a name for it :) And yes, actually
setting the stemmer would also be cool, I saw that Xapian has a Hungarian
stemmer but I kind of assumed all stemmers are applied somehow (although it
makes sense they're not). Is stemming done during search or would it affect
the database as well? Just to have a notion of how complicated a settable
stemmer feature would be.

David Bremner <david@tethera.net> ezt írta (időpont: 2022. aug. 8., H,
16:58):

> Bence Ferdinandy <bence@ferdinandy.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm in the process of trying to set up reading email in the terminal and
> > just installed notmuch, which looks like a pretty awesome tool. I
> currently
> > have one question nagging me:
> >
> > I have a lot of mail in my native Hungarian, which properly written is
> full
> > of characters like éáűúü, but if someone's writing on a non-Hungarian
> > keyboard, or just quickly writing an email from a phone, they often drop
> > the accents as it's faster and we'll likely understand anyway. Is it
> > possible to set it up that if I search for "lanc" it would also match
> > "lánc" other than going `notmuch search lanc OR lánc`?
>
> There is some previous discussion at
>

> https://nmbug.notmuchmail.org/nmweb/search/id%3A87efp2b9er.fsf%40tethera.net
>
> I don't think anyone worked on this in the meantime, so I guess the
> short answer is that there is currently no support, but people have
> tossed around some ideas.

+36305425054
bence.ferdinandy.com