My use is similar to Michael's. That being said, I think giving users the option, assuming they are aware of the risks, is a good idea. I do however think that this should be a separate flag as I dislike extra options being bolted on to booleans. On Mon, May 10, 2021 at 2:32 PM Michael J Gruber wrote: > David Bremner venit, vidit, dixit 2021-05-10 14:04:27: > > Felipe Contreras writes: > > > > > > > > It makes sense that by default synchronize_flags=true doesn't sync the > > > trash flag, but what's wrong with a new configuration > > > synchronize_flags=all that does? > > > > > > > That seems plausible to me, but I'd like more input in case I missed > > something. > > What happens if you have multiple copies of the same message, some "unseen" > or "replied" etc.? notmuch synchronizes them with the flag on the > message and in turn with all message copies, and this works "as > expected" because, for example, there is no "unseen" flag but a "seen" > flag. > > Well, partially. What happens if you mark a message unread (clear the > "seen" flag) in one account? Notmuch will see a changed message file for > one copy - will it reread all files for this mid and reconstruct the > flags (thereby overwriting the unseen with the seen from the other one)? > (Honest question, I don't know.) > > Deleting by chance is more harmful, yes. But is it more typical to clear > out duplicate files using "T" or to delete a message (i.e. all it's file > copies)? I'd even argue for the latter, at least for supporting > "maildir.synchronize_deleted" in both directions. To be super-safe, one > could special case this to take an AND of all message delete flags: > "unread" already acts as if it was an AND of the unread flags of all > copies (because it's the negation of an OR of seen flags). > > A one-sync, however, can be confusing, I'm afraid. > > Personally, I use trash folders synced with flags (through mbsync+afew, > gmailieer) togther with the typical 30day clean-up. Has worked well so > far. > > Cheers > Michael > _______________________________________________ > notmuch mailing list -- notmuch@notmuchmail.org > To unsubscribe send an email to notmuch-leave@notmuchmail.org >