* parallel test failures
@ 2021-02-19 12:24 David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2021-02-19 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

I have intermittent failures when running the test suite on sufficiently
parallel machines.  I have attached a log of such a failing build,
although it does not seem especially illuminating.

It takes anywhere from 5 to 300 runs to get a failure for me running on
60 hardware threads (30 cores). At least on this machine the number of
tests that pass seems consistent at 1205

[-- Attachment #2: log.xz --]
[-- Type: application/x-xz, Size: 18492 bytes --]

* Re: parallel test failures
@ 2021-02-21 18:21 ` Xu Wang
From: Xu Wang @ 2021-02-21 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner; +Cc: notmuch

I did not look at logs, but I have had problem in other scenarios. The
way I debugged was to use strace to get a list of all files the tests
accessed. From that list I could recognize that some files that should
have been in separate temp directories were not thread-specific and
solution was to put the temp files in separate dir for each test. Not
sure if this is helpful, but wanted to share.

Kind regards and best of luck,

Xu