Hi David, I tried that as well when it hit the problem. I got the same result. :-( On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 11:36 David Bremner wrote: > jonathan@teamwilner.com writes: > > > Hi all, > > > > Sorry in advance for what's likely a basic configuration question on the > Emacs/notmuch side of things. I'd like to have a shortcut that goes into > notmuch-tree from notmuch-hello. Following the docs & other configurations, > it appears that :search-type 'tree' should work. An example from my > configuration is below: > > > > (:name "inbox tree" :query "tag:inbox date:2021" :search-type 'tree > :key "i") > > > > This also appears to register properly with Emacs. Checking via the > customization settings, the option of "tree" is properly ticked. However, > no matter what I do, the results always open in the standard configuration, > not the tree. > > > > I'm guessing this is a simple error of my own doing. Any help would be > greatly appreciated. > > Try without the ' in front of tree. At least if I use > customize-variable, I get :search-type tree, no quote. > > d >