I later realised my statement was wrong. I did not test all search terms. I was only testing the folder: search term. It seems folder: search is always case-sensitive and it doesn't allow wild cards. So if I want to find messages in a specific folder, I'll have to spell the folder name case-sensitively, and I'll have to either remember the full path or use regex. Is this understanding correct? If it is, then I would say it's a bit unexpected and odd. On Wed, 18 Nov 2020 at 22:28, David Bremner wrote: > Wenlong Dai writes: > > > Based on my usage and testing, it seems to me that all notmuch searches > are > > case-sensitive. > > Is this true? > > Is there a way to do case-insensitive search? > > Most searches (other than boolean prefixes and regex searches) are in > fact case insensitive. The definition of case is English-centric. Can > you give an example of a search that is case-sensitive that you are > expecting to be case insensitive? > > d > > -- Kind Regards, Wenlong Dai