Thank you very much for your email. I just tried this again but could not reproduce it either. I guess it just happened to a very particular message in my inbox. I was probably quite unlucky that my first try was on such a peculiar message. Now I couldn't remember what message I was looking at and I cannot find it anymore. I'll report back if I see the problem again. On Mon, 23 Nov 2020 at 21:43, David Bremner wrote: > Wenlong Dai writes: > > > I've been trying to use links2 to view html part of messages. > > The problem I'm encountering is that, the part would be saved as > > /tmp/xxx/xxx.shtml and > > passed on to links2, and it seems links2 doesn't recognise the .shtml > > extension. > > > > I could not duplicate this with the message you sent to the list. Does > it happen with all html parts for you, or just some? If the latter, can > you share an example message? > > I suspect emacs is taking taking the file name from the message, but I > don't know for sure. > > -- Kind Regards, Wenlong Dai