Am Sa., 28. Okt. 2023 um 06:22 Uhr schrieb Ryan Tate : > > Jonas Bernoulli writes: > > > - -(defun notmuch-tree-close-message-pane-and (func) - "Close > > message pane and execute FUNC. > > I am confused why a function used in config files and documented > on the notmuch website (to this moment) as an example of how to > configure something would be removed, and to be removed without > any announcement. > > I argue that a user (who is not literally an author of notmuch) > should be able to reliably use the software, which involves configuring > it and having that configuration continue to work. It's not like it was > remotely easy getting that config setup in the first place. > _______________________________________________ > With all due respect, I suggest you try to (re-)read your posts again through the eyes of a notmuch author or contributor, for a change of perspective. Do you still consider your tone appropriate? Bug reports and constructive suggestions are always welcome here. In fact, I experienced the notmuch community as absolutely welcoming and zero-drama. Let's keep it that way. Maybe you can help us by rephrasing your complaints into suggestions for documentation updates, and thus help others getting less confused? Michael