Nonetheess, if you can tell from the index that a given message contains the words "hotel" "wine" "wife" "secret" and "rendezvous", you can infer a *lot* about the contents of encrypted contents of the message. On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 9:57 AM, Jameson Graef Rollins < jrollins@finestructure.net> wrote: > On Mon, Apr 07 2014, john.wyzer@gmx.de wrote: > >> confess i haven't been following closely), it wouldn't be much extra > >> effort for someone to implement a filter that strips encryption from the > >> message. (this might still have the problem mentioned above about also > >> stripping PGP/MIME signatures, but the signatures and the decrypted > >> message itself would remain intact so they could be shown directly by > >> notmuch show without trouble). > > > > I don't understand that. :-( > > This sounds as if the view of the message is not generated from the > > mail storage. Isn't the purpose of the index to find the appropriate > > message file and everything else is generated from that file? > > I think that's exactly what Daniel is saying: what's viewed comes from > the message directly, and not from the db. > > jamie. > > _______________________________________________ > notmuch mailing list > notmuch@notmuchmail.org > http://notmuchmail.org/mailman/listinfo/notmuch > >