* Notmuch emacs string-trim
@ 2021-03-23 14:40 Sami M'Barek
From: Sami M'Barek @ 2021-03-23 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hello,

I was just trying to get back into my notmuch solution in emacs and noticed the notmuch-hello-search function has changed

From the looks of it on GitHub the commit 8d701cdc997a1310efb2b6e08b95d705da9062e6 changed how the function works as Emacs 24.4 goes string trimming natively.
Not sure if I have miss understood this but string-trim still needs an argument to what it’s supposed to trim, just like the older version in notmuch did (notmuch-hello-trim).

When invoking something like notmuch-hello-search “tag:unread” in emacs I get “Wrong type argument: conspiracy, “tag:unread””. I’m assuming this relates to the switch between notmuch-hello-trim and string-trim.

Best regards
Sami

* Notmuch emacs string-trim
@ 2021-03-26 20:01 Sami M'Barek
From: Sami M'Barek @ 2021-03-26 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hello,

I was just trying to get back into my notmuch solution in emacs and noticed the notmuch-hello-search function has changed

From the looks of it on GitHub the commit 8d701cdc997a1310efb2b6e08b95d705da9062e6 changed how the function works as Emacs 24.4 goes string trimming natively.
Not sure if I have miss understood this but string-trim still needs an argument to what it’s supposed to trim, just like the older version in notmuch did (notmuch-hello-trim).

When invoking something like notmuch-hello-search “tag:unread” in emacs I get “Wrong type argument: conspiracy, “tag:unread””. I’m assuming this relates to the switch between notmuch-hello-trim and string-trim.

Best regards
Sami

* Re: Notmuch emacs string-trim
@ 2021-03-27  0:31 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2021-03-27  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sami M'Barek, notmuch

Sami M'Barek <sami@hamb.se> writes:

> When invoking something like notmuch-hello-search “tag:unread” in
> emacs I get “Wrong type argument: conspiracy, “tag:unread””. I’m
> assuming this relates to the switch between notmuch-hello-trim and
> string-trim.

Hi Sami;

notmuch-hello-search is an internal function expecting to called via a
widget action, with the widget as a first argument.  Did you maybe want
the function notmuch-search?