Thanks so much, David. > At a guess, you are using git master of the emacs client (perhaps via > melpa, or via some arch git snapshot package), and a released version of > the notmuch binary. I am using MELPA -- does this mean I should be using git to get the binary? > What is the output of M-x notmuch-hello-versions notmuch version 0.24.2 --- dwrz|朱为文 On 2017-07-10 18:14, David Bremner wrote: > david wen riccardi-zhu writes: > >> I'm getting this error in Emacs after upgrading packages: >> >> notmuch-logged-error: notmuch CLI version mismatch Emacs requested >> a newer output format than supported by the notmuch CLI. You may >> need to restart Emacs or upgrade your notmuch package. > > At a guess, you are using git master of the emacs client (perhaps via > melpa, or via some arch git snapshot package), and a released version of > the notmuch binary. > >> The message appears whenever I try to open an email. >> >> Emacs is 25.2.1, notmuch is 0.24.2. I'm on Arch Linux x86_64. > > What is the output of M-x notmuch-hello-versions > >> Am I getting this error because Arch needs to update to 0.24.2-2? >> Should I switch to git? > > 0.24.2-2 is not an upstream version of notmuch; there is a Debian > version like that; perhaps arch has a similar versioning scheme. > >> It would also be nice if this error didn't prevent accessing >> messages. : ) > > In general this message indicates your emacs lisp components and your > notmuch binary have drifted dangerously far apart in versions, and you > should really fix that problem. You can still use the command line > "notmuch search" and "notmuch show" commands for access to your mail in > the meantime. > > d