Notmuch Emacs has quite limited status reporting of PGP signature verification. I'm sure this is nothing new to you but perhaps I found one more suboptimal case. When verifying a signature made by an expired key (like this message: id:87pnfjgnku.fsf@fifthhorseman.net) we get red status line: "Unknown key [...] or unsupported algorithm". The key is not unknown to me; it is in my keyring. The signature is good but the signing subkey is just expired. In a better world we would probably have more information in the status line: (1) good or bad signature and (2) key's validity: full, marginal, expired key, tofu conflict, never... -- /// OpenPGP key: 4E1055DC84E9DFF613D78557719D69D324539450 // https://keys.openpgp.org/search?q=tlikonen@iki.fi / https://keybase.io/tlikonen https://github.com/tlikonen