From: Ishe Chinyoka <ishechinyoka@yahoo.com>
To: notmuch@notmuchmail.org
Subject: Autorefresh buffer at set interval
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 15:25:35 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,'

I am sorry if this is in the documentation, but I am failing to pick
the right spot. Anyway, which variable can I set to have notmuch-poll
triggered at a set interval?

BTW, I am on Arch and am running the Offlineimap as a systemd timer to
pull my messages every fifteen minutes. I also have a Notmuch script
under the ~/.mail/.notmuch/hooks/ that runs every time offlineimap
completes the refresh. My problem is now that after all this, I can't
seem to have the Notmuch emacs interface update automatically without me
doing a manual refresh with "G" keystroke.  This morning I tried putting
notmuch-poll-and-refresh-this-buffer as a function in the notmuch-hello
hooks.

TIA, this idea of notmuch handling messages by tags is proving to be
addictive such that the last two weeks have seen my productivity going
up as far as dealing with mail is concerned. Thanks for this great work!

Ishe