* notmuch new: Memory problem
@ 2009-11-20  8:56 Dominik Epple
From: Dominik Epple @ 2009-11-20  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hi,

I am strongly interested in giving notmuch a try. But I fail setting
it up. The problem is that during "notmuch new", memory consumption
and system load increases to values that make my system unusable. I
then killed "notmuch new" at a memory consumption of 2.7G and at a
system load of 7.

After hitting Ctrl-C, it says "Stopping" but does not stop. I then
killed "notmuch new" after some minutes with signal KILL.

Is there a problem with the number of my mails? I currently have over
40.000 Mails... they live currently in mbox files, I created a Maildir
with mb2md-3.20.pl.

OS is SuSE Linux 11.1, kernel 2.6.27.29-0.1-default, notmuch pulled
today from git, compiled manually, dependencies also downloaded and
installed manually, in the following versions:

gmime-2.4.11.tar.bz2
talloc-2.0.0.tar.gz
xapian-core-1.0.17.tar.gz

Any help?