On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:51:47 +0200, Gregor Hoffleit wrote: > Before and after the assignment operator, no spaces are allowed. > I don't know if there are any /bin/sh which allow spaces, but at least > in bash, csh and zsh, the former code was no valid assigment. Thanks, Gregor. I went through all the work to try to make the over-linking conditional, and then only tested carefully on OS X, (not noticing that I'd broken the Linux case just as much as if I had accepted the unconditional version). This is pushed now. -Carl