On Fri, Nov 09 2012, Mark Walters wrote: > This adds a --output=with-ids option which gives similar output to the > normal search summary output but with a list of message ids > too. Currently this is not implemented for text format. Hey, Mark. Very nit-picky comment here, but I'm not sure "with-ids" is an appropriate name for an output type. "with-ids" sounds like a modifier, as opposed to a output type unto itself. But I wonder if this separate output type is really necessary. Can the emacs interface just make two separate search calls to the binary when constructing the buffer, one with --output=summary and one with --output=messages? Wouldn't that provide all the needed info? I guess there would still be a race condition, especially for really long search results, but I wonder if the calls could actually be made in parallel at the same time. Maybe that would require more work. Sorry, just thinking out loud here... jamie.