* [vim] Plugin crashes on certain multi-mime emails
@ 2019-03-18 19:15 Nicolas Lesser
From: Nicolas Lesser @ 2019-03-18 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

For some emails, notmuch-vim crashes. I can't figure out the reason for
this. The stack trace is:

Error detected while processing function
<SNR>13_search_show_thread[10]..<SNR>13_show:
line   39:
NoMethodError: undefined method `mime_type' for nil:NilClass
eval:22:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
eval:8:in `each'
eval:8:in `block in <main>'
eval:323:in `render'
eval:4:in `<main>'
eval:8:in `command'
eval:8:in `<main>'

The error seems to only come up for multi-mime emails, but then also not
all of them. It seems like the error is that find_first_text returns nil,
but that can only happen if the message doesn't have any content-type
"text/plain" or "text/html" AFAICT, but I checked: It does both. GMail
doesn't have any problems reading that same email.

Any ideas? Thanks.

- Nicolas

* Re: [vim] Plugin crashes on certain multi-mime emails
@ 2019-03-28 11:33 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2019-03-28 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Lesser, notmuch

Nicolas Lesser <blitzrakete@gmail.com> writes:

> For some emails, notmuch-vim crashes. I can't figure out the reason for
> this. The stack trace is:
>
> Error detected while processing function
> <SNR>13_search_show_thread[10]..<SNR>13_show:
> line   39:
> NoMethodError: undefined method `mime_type' for nil:NilClass
> eval:22:in `block (2 levels) in <main>'
> eval:8:in `each'
> eval:8:in `block in <main>'
> eval:323:in `render'
> eval:4:in `<main>'
> eval:8:in `command'
> eval:8:in `<main>'
>
> The error seems to only come up for multi-mime emails, but then also not
> all of them. It seems like the error is that find_first_text returns nil,
> but that can only happen if the message doesn't have any content-type
> "text/plain" or "text/html" AFAICT, but I checked: It does both. GMail
> doesn't have any problems reading that same email.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks.

Not really, but maybe looking at the output from
devel/printmimestructure can give some clues. Also looking at the output
of notmuch show on the command line.