On Sat, 05 Dec 2009 09:59:12 +0100, Ingmar Vanhassel wrote: > Excerpts from Carl Worth's message of Sat Dec 05 01:56:56 +0100 2009: > > Cool. At least not everyone thinks I'm crazy then. That's > > encouraging. :-) > > I'm not convinced that re-implementing lots of things that autoconf > already handles properly & portably is the better route to go. It's > purely a waste of time. Hence, I'll be happy to send patches to use > autoconf, if you change your mind on the subject. Let's test it. If you could write a patch to replace our current configure script with something based on autoconf, then I'll be glad to try it out and see what I think. If there are any differences that I find annoying, then we can see which of those we can work around or get fixed in upstream autoconf. I'm definitely open to exploration in this area. > Now when you say you hate automake & libtool, then I'll wholeheartedly > agree with you. Hate is one emotion that I do my best to avoid. But I am quite glad to have found no compelling reason to use either automake or libtool so far in notmuch. :-) -Carl