On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 16:12:28 +0100, "Sebastian Spaeth" wrote: > ================ > - Synchronizes the "S" flag with the "unread" tag (1-way). The > synchronization direction is decided by using either --sync (change > maildir flags according to notmuch) or --revsync (change notmuch tags > according to maildir). By default it always checks the mails from the > previous 30 days (but can also do --all mails if you have plenty of > RAM and time). > - Deletes all mail files that have the "delete" tag > - Quiet/normal/verbose logging Thanks for contributing this, Sebastian. Let me know if you'd like to host this within the contrib directory of the notmuch repository. > - It temporarily slurps in all your mails from the last 30 days into > RAM. I am waiting for "notmuchs show blah --output filename --output > tags" to improve that :). Generally the parsing of the output of > "notmuch show" is a bit hackyish with regexps at the moment. OK. So we'll be adding an --output option to give you just filenames soon, and we've got JSON output now so you can avoid hacky regexps now. Elsewhere in the thread Jameson Rollins wrote: > I should have mentioned in my previous mail that I think this tool is > a great idea, and I plan on using it. I just hope that all of it's > functionality will be integrated directly into notmuch itself. I think that's the open question still. How much of this kind of functionality do we integrate into notmuch itself. I don't know the answer to that question yet, but I'm quite happy to see people experimenting with doing scripts like this on top of notmuch already. I do know that I want to do thing to make such scripting easier, (independent of whether the current functionality gets folded into notmuch). -Carl