* noobie trying to find a good poll script and other things
@ 2010-09-15 17:43 Daniel Goldin
From: Daniel Goldin @ 2010-09-15 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch list

Love notmuch and its integration with emacs. However, I am a
non-programmer trying to figure out how to do a few simple things that
would improve my experience.

1) How to add to a the poll script to skip inbox and add particular tag for
certain emails -- in particular listserv emails. Any example poll
scripts would be greatly appreciated.

2) Is it possible to create a keybinding that would remove all tags and
add a "delete" tag?

3) Any good links on how to integrate notmuch with org-mode.

Thanks so much.

--
Daniel Goldin
626.817.2462

* Re: noobie trying to find a good poll script and other things
@ 2010-09-15 18:31 ` Jameson Rollins
From: Jameson Rollins @ 2010-09-15 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Goldin, notmuch list

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 10:43:35 -0700, Daniel Goldin <danielgoldin@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) How to add to a the poll script to skip inbox and add particular tag for
> certain emails -- in particular listserv emails. Any example poll
> scripts would be greatly appreciated.

The wiki is becoming a good place to look for all kinds of useful info.
see:

http://notmuchmail.org/initial_tagging/

> 2) Is it possible to create a keybinding that would remove all tags and
> add a "delete" tag?

Didn't I just answer this question the other day [0]?

http://notmuchmail.org/emacstips/

jamie.

[0] id:87bp80jhmw.fsf@servo.finestructure.net

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 835 bytes --]

* Re: noobie trying to find a good poll script and other things
@ 2010-09-15 19:32   ` Daniel Goldin
From: Daniel Goldin @ 2010-09-15 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jameson Rollins, notmuch list

Now I'm embarrassed. Don't know why I didn't get to those links from the
notmuch page. Thanks again, and sorry for the noise.

d.

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 14:31:19 -0400, Jameson Rollins <jrollins@finestructure.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 10:43:35 -0700, Daniel Goldin <danielgoldin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 1) How to add to a the poll script to skip inbox and add particular tag for
> > certain emails -- in particular listserv emails. Any example poll
> > scripts would be greatly appreciated.
>
> The wiki is becoming a good place to look for all kinds of useful info.
> see:
>
> http://notmuchmail.org/initial_tagging/
>
> > 2) Is it possible to create a keybinding that would remove all tags and
> > add a "delete" tag?
>
> Didn't I just answer this question the other day [0]?
>
> http://notmuchmail.org/emacstips/
>
> jamie.
>
> [0] id:87bp80jhmw.fsf@servo.finestructure.net
Non-text part: application/pgp-signature

--
Daniel Goldin, LMFT

@ 2010-09-16 21:35   ` Daniel Goldin
From: Daniel Goldin @ 2010-09-16 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch list

This is very helpful, but is there a way to create functions and
keybindings that operate on tags in the index?

@ 2010-09-17 14:52     ` Jameson Rollins
From: Jameson Rollins @ 2010-09-17 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Goldin, notmuch list

On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 14:35:51 -0700, Daniel Goldin <danielgoldin@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is very helpful, but is there a way to create functions and
> keybindings that operate on tags in the index?

Hi, Daniel.  Can you explain what you mean by "the index"?  All tag
operations are on the database itself.  The emacs interface is really
just a fancy way of interacting with the notmuch CLI, so it's not like
there's a separate tag store or anything, if that's what you mean.

jamie.

@ 2010-09-17 16:26       ` Daniel Goldin
From: Daniel Goldin @ 2010-09-17 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jameson Rollins, notmuch list

Again, I'm not a programmer, so bear with me. When I open a "folder"
after the "hello page," I see a list of mesaages with subjects, authors,
dates, etc. It seems I am unable to operate on items in this list using
functions such as the following:

(defun notmuch-show-tag-spam()
  "mark message as spam"
  (interactive)
  (notmuch-show-add-tag "spam")
  (notmuch-show-remove-tag "new"))

I get a "buffer is read only" error. However, I can operate on the
messages themselves, when I move into a message buffer.

Hope this clarifies.

Best,

d.

@ 2010-09-18 18:14         ` Jameson Rollins