On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 09:15:02 -0400, David Bremner wrote: > I left the default dump format as "sup" (old style) in this round. I'm > leary of breaking people's scripts, so my current proposal is > deprecate the sup format (as default) for a release or two. It seems to me that as long as restore can detect what format the dump file is in, it shouldn't matter what the default dump format is, right? If someone makes a new dump in the new format, they'll presumably also be restoring with the new code that supports that format as well. I'm having a hard time imagining a situation where moving to a new fully-supported default dump format would break anything. jamie.