On Wed 2020-04-29 08:33:24 -0700, Jameson Graef Rollins wrote: > On Tue, Apr 28 2020, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote: >> One final way we could normalize everything and make it less >> idiosyncratic, with shorter, simpler man pages: deprecate and then drop >> the --booloption/--no-booloption mechanisms, requiring --booloption=true >> or --booloption=false instead. Once they're dropped, allow whitespace >> between "--booloption true" and "--booloption false" just like every >> other type of option. > > Or we could just use only --booloption/--no-booloption... I'd be sad about that, because it seems like a pretty idiosyncratic thing to have options of a certain type behave so differently from others. we've seen boolean options turn into non-boolean options in the past, and changing the syntax of how they're invoked when that happens feels ugly (though i guess this is at least in part an aesthetic preference). --dkg