* Signing messages with emacs 27.1
@ 2020-08-13  7:38 Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2020-08-13  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hello,

I just updated to emacs 27.1, and I'm wondering if this is why I no
longer can sign messages. I get the error "Couldn’t find any signer
names."

I tried debugging it, and it seems that the problem is that
`mml-secure-epg-encrypt' cannot find the name of the sender
((message-options-get 'message-sender) returns nil).

Is it a problem with notmuch, or should I looks elsewhere?

Thanks,

Alan\r

* Re: Signing messages with emacs 27.1
@ 2020-08-13 11:52 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2020-08-13 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Schmitt, notmuch

Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I just updated to emacs 27.1, and I'm wondering if this is why I no
> longer can sign messages. I get the error "Couldn’t find any signer
> names."
>
> I tried debugging it, and it seems that the problem is that
> `mml-secure-epg-encrypt' cannot find the name of the sender
> ((message-options-get 'message-sender) returns nil).
>
> Is it a problem with notmuch, or should I looks elsewhere?

I _think_ it's a change in message-mode. Does it work for you if you set
mml-secure-openpgp-sign-with-sender?

(or smime, if using smime)

* Re: Signing messages with emacs 27.1
@ 2020-08-13 12:24   ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2020-08-13 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner, notmuch

On 2020-08-13 08:52, David Bremner <david@tethera.net> writes:

> I _think_ it's a change in message-mode. Does it work for you if you set
> mml-secure-openpgp-sign-with-sender?
>
> (or smime, if using smime)

I had changed smime, as it was suggested by the error message, so I now
just set openpgp (as it's what I'm using). And I can report that it
works. I don't know why I need this additional variable, but it's great
news.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Best,

Alan