* email to PDF
@ 2021-11-12  2:09 Sebastian Fischmeister
From: Sebastian Fischmeister @ 2021-11-12  2:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hi,

Although we're in the 21 century, there are occasions where one has to turn emails into PDF.

What's your solution to do so? I found muttprint, but that doesn't print utf-8 emails as they are all base64 encoded and muttprint doesn't decode that before printing.

Thanks,
  Sebastian

* Re: email to PDF
@ 2021-12-06 12:45 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2021-12-06 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sfischme, notmuch

Sebastian Fischmeister <sfischme@uwaterloo.ca> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Although we're in the 21 century, there are occasions where one has to turn emails into PDF.
>
> What's your solution to do so? I found muttprint, but that doesn't print utf-8 emails as they are all base64 encoded and muttprint doesn't decode that before printing.
>
> Thanks,
>   Sebastian

Since nobody has responded, let me throw out the somewhat uninformed
suggestion to check out what gnus users do. We already make use of much
of the gnus rendering infrastructure, so perhaps there is some chance of
reusing a gnus solution.

* Re: email to PDF
@ 2021-12-06 13:18   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2021-12-06 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner; +Cc: notmuch

On Monday,  6 Dec 2021 at 08:45, David Bremner wrote:
> Since nobody has responded, let me throw out the somewhat uninformed
> suggestion to check out what gnus users do.

gnus has gnus-summary-print-article but, if you are looking for Emacs
based solutions, you can simply go with ps-print-buffer (or
ps-print-buffer-with-faces).  These generate a postscript file which you
can easily convert to PDF (on Linux, at least).

--
Eric S Fraga with org 9.5.1 in Emacs 29.0.50 on Debian 11.1