On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 10:50:15 -0700, Carl Worth wrote: > Meanwhile, I'm currently working on support for piping a whole thread of > messages as an mbox to a process, (mostly getting bogged down in trying > to fix mbox support in git). > > For that, I think I want the current '|' binding to pipe the current > message and then a new binding ("M-|" ?) to pipe every (open) message in > the thread. > > Which makes me think that other operations should work similarly. '+' > and '-' should change tags on the current message (as they do currently) > and then new "M-+" and "M--" could change tags on all (open) messages in > the thread. > > That would highlight the current 'a' as out of place since it's > currently archiving every message in the thread. So I'd then fix it to > be 'a' for the current message and "M-a" for every (open) message in the > thread. > > What do people think of that? I think it's definitely the right way to go. I actually rebound my keys to do that long ago. jamie.