On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 11:18:43 -0500, Austin Clements wrote: > 'Lo. I've been toying with switching to notmuch for a while, but the > speed of search has been holding me back. Perhaps I should upgrade > the archaic machine I'm trying to run notmuch on, but I figured > optimizing search would be a good way for me to cut my teeth on > notmuch's code. Hey, if you're going to keep optimizing notmuch, then I say, keep the old machine! :-) > Does this all seem reasonable? My code passes the test suite [1], so > I believe it to be fairly sound. Yes. It all sounds quite good. Patches please! > [1] Except for 2 emacs tests that depend on author order. What order > are matched authors *supposed* to be in? There's an existing bug with author order, (sadly codified in some current test cases). So this should be a good excuse for fixing that. -Carl -- carl.d.worth@intel.com