On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 13:43:44 +0100, Sebastian Spaeth wrote: > > Before the next release, I plan to increment the database version so > > that users will be notified of the need to do an upgrade like this. (But > > before I do that, I plan to implement a few more database changes---and > > some of them are likely to be much more invasive than this one). > > Hurray, just tried it out and it works like a charm. Finally I can > automatically assign the "Junk" tag again. :-) Well, it's never as easy as it looks at first glance. Initial run picks up folder:junk and reports correctly (is it supposed to be case-insensitive?). However, when moving files into another folder and rerunning notmuch new, the folder value is never updated, it seems. This is what I run to move mails that had been wrongly classified as Junk and that I manually untagged into my INBOX: notmuch search --output=files not tag:junk and folder:junk | xargs mv -t /home/spaetz/mail/INBOX/cur/ However, each subsequent run of: notmuch search --output=files not tag:junk and folder:junk will show the same files, even after a notmuch new... Sebastian