On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 00:34:58 -0400, Martin Owens wrote: > I am creating a program using notmuch and the python notmuch API and > have found a problem. when creating or loading a database using a > unicode path, notmuch returns an error: > > Error: Cannot create directory //.notmuch: Permission denied Hi Martin, the underlying notmuch library is agnostic to whatever encoding it is handed and I indeed had simply assumed strings. I have now added encoding/decoding in a couple of places where it seemed necessary and pushed the result to the master branch. Let me know if this fixes things. Sebastian