On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 22:13:11 -0300, David Bremner wrote: > On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 20:34:58 +0200, Amadeusz Żołnowski wrote: > > --emacsetcdir was added, but it's set default to the same value as > > --emacslispdir for backward compatibility. > > --- > > At a quick search, I couldn't find any reference to --emacsetcdir > outside Gentoo. I'd like to hear what other people think about this one. I had never heard of that, but apparently there's a /usr/share/emacs/24.0.90/etc on my system which contains images, READMEs and other misc files. It's also described in the "data-directory" variable in Emacs: data-directory is a variable defined in `C source code'. Its value is "/usr/share/emacs/24.0.90/etc/" Documentation: Directory of machine-independent files that come with GNU Emacs. These are files intended for Emacs to use while it runs. So I guess it can't hurt to add this. However there is something annoying in the commit: +# The directory to which emacs lisp files should be installed +emacsetcdir=${EMACSETCDIR} $EMACSETCDIR is not for emacs lisp files (that's what $EMACSLISPDIR is for), so this line needs be fixed. Regards -- Thomas/Schnouki