* priorities for 0.13
@ 2012-04-25 12:31 David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2012-04-25 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hi All;

I'd like to have a feature freeze for 0.13 sometime in the first week of
May.  What do people feel are priorities to try to get reviewed and
pushed for 0.13?

* Re: priorities for 0.13
@ 2012-04-25 12:46 ` Adam Wolfe Gordon
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Adam Wolfe Gordon @ 2012-04-25 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner; +Cc: notmuch

Hi David,

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 06:31, David Bremner <david@tethera.net> wrote:
> I'd like to have a feature freeze for 0.13 sometime in the first week of
> May.  What do people feel are priorities to try to get reviewed and
> pushed for 0.13?

I would like to get the HTML reply series [1] in before 0.13, since
otherwise the reply stuff that's already pushed can cause some ugly
(but not buggy) behavior, quoting raw HTML in reply. There's been one
review, and it's a small patch, but I think it could use another set
of eyes.

[1] id:"1335056093-17621-1-git-send-email-awg+notmuch@xvx.ca"

-- Adam

* Re: priorities for 0.13
@ 2012-04-25 14:57 ` Daniel Kahn Gillmor
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor @ 2012-04-25 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner; +Cc: notmuch

On 04/25/2012 08:31 AM, David Bremner wrote:
> I'd like to have a feature freeze for 0.13 sometime in the first week of
> May.  What do people feel are priorities to try to get reviewed and
> pushed for 0.13?

I'd love it if Someone™ would get S/MIME implemented, tested, and
reviewed, but it certainly won't be me before the first week of May.

	--dkg

* Re: priorities for 0.13
@ 2012-04-25 17:02   ` Tomi Ollila
From: Tomi Ollila @ 2012-04-25 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Wolfe Gordon, David Bremner; +Cc: notmuch

On Wed, Apr 25 2012, Adam Wolfe Gordon <awg+notmuch@xvx.ca> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 06:31, David Bremner <david@tethera.net> wrote:
>> I'd like to have a feature freeze for 0.13 sometime in the first week of
>> May.  What do people feel are priorities to try to get reviewed and
>> pushed for 0.13?
>
> I would like to get the HTML reply series [1] in before 0.13, since
> otherwise the reply stuff that's already pushed can cause some ugly
> (but not buggy) behavior, quoting raw HTML in reply. There's been one
> review, and it's a small patch, but I think it could use another set
> of eyes.
>
> [1] id:"1335056093-17621-1-git-send-email-awg+notmuch@xvx.ca"

Yes I agree on this -- I've been hand-adding text from html-only email
to my reply buffers for now. Is there anything to comment on Mark's
thoughts there ?

I browsed through http://nmbug.tethera.net/status/ ; personally I'd like to
see id:"1327996914-9644-3-git-send-email-dme@dme.org".

Also the 'Maybe Ready' queue looks good (as it should be). And the few
(trivial) patches Austin is going to send (and we have reviewed) that
are good to get before SONAME change are good to have.

> -- Adam

Tomi

* Re: priorities for 0.13
@ 2012-04-25 17:37 ` Mark Walters
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Mark Walters @ 2012-04-25 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner, notmuch

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012, David Bremner <david@tethera.net> wrote:
> Hi All;
>
> I'd like to have a feature freeze for 0.13 sometime in the first week of
> May.  What do people feel are priorities to try to get reviewed and
> pushed for 0.13?

I would like
id:"1331836090-30560-1-git-send-email-markwalters1009@gmail.com" as I
think that is pretty close to the final piece for the exclude stuff.

I also think that
id:"1334431301-27303-1-git-send-email-markwalters1009@gmail.com" (which
doesn't apply to master but I have a rebased version) makes excludes
rather nicer. If anyone thinks that might be plausible I will post the
rebased version.

Finally, I agree that I would like to see the html reply stuff.

Best wishes

Mark

* Re: priorities for 0.13
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-04-26  1:10 ` Jameson Graef Rollins
From: Jameson Graef Rollins @ 2012-04-26  1:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner, notmuch

On Wed, Apr 25 2012, David Bremner <david@tethera.net> wrote:
> I'd like to have a feature freeze for 0.13 sometime in the first week
> of May.  What do people feel are priorities to try to get reviewed and
> pushed for 0.13?

Here are things that I would like to see, and I think are ready to be
applied.  Pretty much everything here has either been reviewed or is
simple enough to not really need review (documentation change for
instance).

config list
id:"1334367666-10954-1-git-send-email-novalazy@gmail.com"

emacs-show: open excluded matches if no other matches
id:"1331836090-30560-1-git-send-email-markwalters1009@gmail.com"

emacs: fix archive thread/message function documentation.
id:"1326825796-8358-1-git-send-email-jrollins@finestructure.net"

emacs tagging cleanup, v3
id:"1334429574-12918-1-git-send-email-jrollins@finestructure.net"

emacs: Let the user choose where to compose new mails
id:"1334434815-7657-1-git-send-email-jrollins@finestructure.net"

emacs: do not modify subject in search or show
id:"1334456272-10376-1-git-send-email-jrollins@finestructure.net"

jamie.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 835 bytes --]

* Re: priorities for 0.13
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-04-28 23:09 ` Austin Clements
From: Austin Clements @ 2012-04-28 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner; +Cc: notmuch

Quoth David Bremner on Apr 25 at  9:31 am:

> Hi All;
>
> I'd like to have a feature freeze for 0.13 sometime in the first week of
> May.  What do people feel are priorities to try to get reviewed and
> pushed for 0.13?

I've posted the changes to notmuch_database_{open,create} that we've
discussed would be nice to go in along with the SO version bump:
  id:"1335651473-19652-1-git-send-email-amdragon@mit.edu"

Just to keep track of things, I also posted a patch to bump the SO
version:
  id:"1335651936-27209-1-git-send-email-amdragon@mit.edu"
But feel free to do that however's most convenient.

* Re: priorities for 0.13
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-04-29 19:39 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2012-04-29 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

David Bremner <david@tethera.net> writes:

> Hi All;
>
> I'd like to have a feature freeze for 0.13 sometime in the first week of
> May.  What do people feel are priorities to try to get reviewed and
> pushed for 0.13?

So here are some patches that people expressed interest in for 0.13, but
need more review.

     id:"1335056093-17621-1-git-send-email-awg+notmuch@xvx.ca"

     id:"1334431301-27303-1-git-send-email-markwalters1009@gmail.com"

     id:"1335651473-19652-1-git-send-email-amdragon@mit.edu"

Note that in particular it makes sense to push amdragon's changes while
we are bumping the SONAME.

The sequence by Jamie

    id:"1334429574-12918-2-git-send-email-jrollins@finestructure.net"

Has only one minor comment about a comment; I'm not sure it's enough for
a rebase on it's own.  Mark, what do you think?

* Re: priorities for 0.13
@ 2012-04-29 19:50   ` Mark Walters
From: Mark Walters @ 2012-04-29 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner, notmuch

On Sun, 29 Apr 2012, David Bremner <david@tethera.net> wrote:
> David Bremner <david@tethera.net> writes:
>
>> Hi All;
>>
>> I'd like to have a feature freeze for 0.13 sometime in the first week of
>> May.  What do people feel are priorities to try to get reviewed and
>> pushed for 0.13?
>>

> So here are some patches that people expressed interest in for 0.13, but
> need more review.
>
>      id:"1335056093-17621-1-git-send-email-awg+notmuch@xvx.ca"
>
>      id:"1334431301-27303-1-git-send-email-markwalters1009@gmail.com"
>
>      id:"1335651473-19652-1-git-send-email-amdragon@mit.edu"
>
> Note that in particular it makes sense to push amdragon's changes while
> we are bumping the SONAME.
>
> The sequence by Jamie
>
>     id:"1334429574-12918-2-git-send-email-jrollins@finestructure.net"
>
> Has only one minor comment about a comment; I'm not sure it's enough for
> a rebase on it's own.  Mark, what do you think?

Hi

I think Jamie already posted a patch with a nicer comment

id:"1334436547-10260-1-git-send-email-jrollins@finestructure.net"

(ie that replaces 2/5 in the original series)

In any case don't let the comment hold everything up: we can correct
that later if we care (and it does not matter to users)

Best wishes

Mark

* Re: priorities for 0.13
@ 2012-04-29 20:52     ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2012-04-29 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mark Walters, notmuch

Mark Walters <markwalters1009@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I think Jamie already posted a patch with a nicer comment
>
> id:"1334436547-10260-1-git-send-email-jrollins@finestructure.net"
>
> (ie that replaces 2/5 in the original series)

Oh, yeah, I just got lost in the thread. OK, that series is pushed.