On Wed 2019-05-08 19:19:18 +0200, Örjan Ekeberg wrote: > I have found what seems to be a bug, or at least a misbehaviour of the > "missing attachment warning" implemented by the otherwise so nice > notmuch-mua-attachment-check. > > It works fine to detect the regexp for attachments in simple messages. > The problem is that it also triggers the warning if a matching string is > present inside a forwarded message. This is particularly annoying when > forwarding messages originating from MS-Exchange since those seem to > always include a hidden header "X-MS-Has-Attach" where the word "Attach" > constantly leads to false missing-attachment warnings. I've tagged this with notmuch::bug so that it shows up at https://nmbug.notmuchmail.org/status/, and i'm directly cc'ing dme, since i think he's the author of notmuch-mua-attachment-check. > Would it be possible to somehow restrict the regexp search to the part > of the message actually being authored? Would it be too simplistic to > end the search at the first occurrence of "\n\n<#" ? that's pretty simplistic, but does seem better than the status quo. do you have a proposed patch? --dkg