On Thu, 8 Mar 2012 17:48:15 -0400, David Bremner wrote: > From: David Bremner > > It seems that it has always been an error to try to parse an mbox > format file with gmime without calling g_mime_parser_set_scan_from. > > This change reads the first 5 bytes of the file, and if they are "From ", > declares the file to be an mbox. > --- > > This patch seems to fix the problem for me. I don't think the > performance impact should be too bad, but I didn't really test it. As I've stated previously in this thread, I think this behavior is a mistake. This will not result in a proper parsing of an mbox file, and improper or incomplete parsing of mbox files will lead to bad/confusing behavior. We should either completely support mbox files or not support them. Partial support is, imho, a recipe for disaster. We don't currently support them, and it would take a lot of extra work to do so completely. I don't see any harm in just telling users to convert their mbox files into proper message files. jamie.