* notmuch_message_remove_tag & std::length_error
@ 2021-11-02  8:58 Colin Ramsay
From: Colin Ramsay @ 2021-11-02  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hi, I'm using Dart to work with libnotmuch and when calling
notmuch_message_remove_tag a std::length_error is thrown.

I'm out of my comfort zone here so there's been a bit of fumbling to get to
this point. I have tried doing the same tag removal with both alot and the
notmuch commandline tools and it works, and I've checked that the arguments
I'm passing are valid, so I'm at a bit of a loss.

I just wondered if anyone could shed any light on when
notmuch_message_remove_tag would throw a length_error?

Thanks,
Colin

* Re: notmuch_message_remove_tag & std::length_error
@ 2021-11-02  9:48 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2021-11-02  9:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Colin Ramsay, notmuch

Colin Ramsay <info@colinramsay.co.uk> writes:

> Hi, I'm using Dart to work with libnotmuch and when calling
> notmuch_message_remove_tag a std::length_error is thrown.
>
> I'm out of my comfort zone here so there's been a bit of fumbling to get to
> this point. I have tried doing the same tag removal with both alot and the
> notmuch commandline tools and it works, and I've checked that the arguments
> I'm passing are valid, so I'm at a bit of a loss.
>
> I just wondered if anyone could shed any light on when
> notmuch_message_remove_tag would throw a length_error?

libnotmuch is a C library (ABI wise), so it should never throw
exceptions. Alas, bugs happen. Any chance you can reproduce the problem
in C?