* debian 11 notmuch-emacs -> elpa-notmuch?
@ 2022-06-06  2:10 Ryan Tate
From: Ryan Tate @ 2022-06-06  2:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hello, the page

https://notmuchmail.org/notmuch-emacs/

states

"...notmuch-emacs, an Emacs major mode for interacting with
Notmuch. It is included in the Notmuch package (notmuch-emacs in
Debian)."

There was indeed a notmuch-emacs package in Debian 10. Moving to
Debian 11 and trying to install this, I get the message "E: Unable
to locate package notmuch-emacs".

On 25 August 2020 there was an email message to this list titled
(in part) "debian: drop notmuch-emacs dependency package". It
contained this note, which I do not quite understand:
"elpa-notmuch is now present in oldstable, and we don't need to
support direct upgrades from older releases than that."

Do I correctly infer that I should now install the debian package
elpa-notmuch in place of notmuch-emacs?

If so, should the aforementioned web page be updated to say
"(elpa-notmuch in Debian)" rather than "(notmuch-emacs in
Debian)"?  Would you like (and is there a way) for me to submit a
patch to the pages?

Thank you for notmuch, I continue to enjoy it.

* Re: debian 11 notmuch-emacs -> elpa-notmuch?
@ 2022-06-06 10:43 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2022-06-06 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ryan Tate, notmuch

Ryan Tate <ryantate@ryantate.com> writes:

> If so, should the aforementioned web page be updated to say
> "(elpa-notmuch in Debian)" rather than "(notmuch-emacs in
> Debian)"?  Would you like (and is there a way) for me to submit a
> patch to the pages?

That's correct. See https://notmuchmail.org/wikiwriteaccess/ for how to
update that page.