* Tag notmuch email based on header values?
@ 2022-10-04 12:04 Petter Reinholdtsen
From: Petter Reinholdtsen @ 2022-10-04 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

I would like to tag all emails with a specific header, but fail to find
a way to do this.  Is this a missing feature in notmuch?

To be specific, I want to filter out emails related to request tracker
tickets owned by me at the time of the email.  These emails get a simple
RFC 822 style header in each email, that look like this:

  RT-Owner: myusername

I tried searching for 'RT-Owner' without any success, and have read the
normuch-search-terms(7) dokucmentation trying to find a clue.  Is there
something obvious I am missing.

PS: Please CC me on replies, as I am not subscribed to the list.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen

* Re: Tag notmuch email based on header values?
@ 2022-10-04 12:48 ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2022-10-04 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petter Reinholdtsen, notmuch

Hello,

On 2022-10-04 14:04, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> writes:

> I would like to tag all emails with a specific header, but fail to find
> a way to do this.  Is this a missing feature in notmuch?
>
> To be specific, I want to filter out emails related to request tracker
> tickets owned by me at the time of the email.  These emails get a simple
> RFC 822 style header in each email, that look like this:
>
>   RT-Owner: myusername
>
> I tried searching for 'RT-Owner' without any success, and have read the
> normuch-search-terms(7) dokucmentation trying to find a clue.  Is there
> something obvious I am missing.

I use afew for that, with rules like this:

[HeaderMatchingFilter.1]
header = List-Id
pattern = discuss.ocaml.org|caml-list.inria.fr
tags = +caml;+lists

I only run it on new mail. If you run afew without the --new flag, I
think it applies it to all mail.

Best,

Alan

[-- Attachment #1.2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Tag notmuch email based on header values?
@ 2022-10-04 14:32 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2022-10-04 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petter Reinholdtsen, notmuch

Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> writes:

> I would like to tag all emails with a specific header, but fail to find
> a way to do this.  Is this a missing feature in notmuch?
>
> To be specific, I want to filter out emails related to request tracker
> tickets owned by me at the time of the email.  These emails get a simple
> RFC 822 style header in each email, that look like this:
>
>   RT-Owner: myusername
>
> I tried searching for 'RT-Owner' without any success, and have read the
> normuch-search-terms(7) dokucmentation trying to find a clue.  Is there
> something obvious I am missing.
>
> PS: Please CC me on replies, as I am not subscribed to the list.

You can add RT-Owner as header to index (see notmuch-config(1)) and re-index.