Michael J Gruber writes: > It took more runs to get some fails now, and archs vary, so I still > think its a time out. And no way to get it locally so far. I can duplicate it locally about once every 40 runs of the complete test suite. > ENOLISP (for me) but could it be the case that notmuch-test-wait can > abort its while loop too early if the first buffer write takes longer > than the timeout, or if some other process writes (because the process > parameter is nil)? Is something different for emacs 29 in this regard? > Any clues from sbuild? Can you try the attached patch? It needs more testing, but I did get 140 runs of the test suite without an error.