On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 11:24:09 +0100, David Edmondson wrote: > Jamie, could you test this patch please? My main concern is that it > makes a small assumption about the value of > `notmuch-search-result-format' - namely that the `authors' field ends > with a space. Tested, and it works. Thanks so much for fixing this, David. Very much appreciated. So this patch gets rid of the notmuch-search-authors-width variable entirely. That variable was somewhat convenient (for me at least, since that was the only thing in the format i wanted to adjust), but I think the new configuration is more straightforward. Just set notmuch-search-result-format how you want it to be, and it Just Works. I think we should go with this solution... Approved-By: Jameson Rollins (I was going to try to resend the patch with the "Approved-By" bit added, but I was sure I was going to mess it up. If someone can point me to a message where that was done correctly, that'd be great.) jamie.