* Re: [SCM] notmuch - thread-based email index, search and tagging. branch, master, updated. 0.2-180-gc87d17f
       [not found] <20100424131703.A877A4196F2@olra.theworths.org>
@ 2010-04-25  7:32 ` David Edmondson
From: David Edmondson @ 2010-04-25  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 06:17:03 -0700 (PDT), notmuch-commits-sender@notmuchmail.org (Carl Worth) wrote:
>     emacs: Make notmuch-hello jumpt to search bar by default.
>
>     This isn't ideal for me personally, since I usually want to inovke a
>     saved search rather than entering a new search textually. But it's at
>     least better than just putting point in the upper-left corner where it
>     doesn't do anything.

Originally this was the behaviour (jump to the search box), but I found
that it really annoyed me. To use any of the keybindings it's necessary
to move the cursor out of the search entry area.

dme.
--
David Edmondson, http://dme.org

* Re: [SCM] notmuch - thread-based email index, search and tagging. branch, master, updated. 0.2-180-gc87d17f
@ 2010-04-26  9:38   ` Sebastian Spaeth
From: Sebastian Spaeth @ 2010-04-26  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Edmondson, notmuch

On 2010-04-25, David Edmondson wrote:
> Originally this was the behaviour (jump to the search box), but I found
> that it really annoyed me. To use any of the keybindings it's necessary
> to move the cursor out of the search entry area.

Actually, a widget can have its own keymap, so it is entirely possible
to make it just to the saved searches with c-1 - c9 or whatever from
within that widget. I know that dme accepts patches for this :-)

Sebastian

* Re: [SCM] notmuch - thread-based email index, search and tagging. branch, master, updated. 0.2-180-gc87d17f
@ 2010-04-26 14:23   ` Carl Worth
From: Carl Worth @ 2010-04-26 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Edmondson, notmuch