On Wed, 1 Feb 2012 11:19:54 +0400, Dmitry Kurochkin wrote: > The down side of this approach is that diff argument order depends on > test_expect_equal_file() argument order. So sometimes we get diff > from expected to actual results, and sometimes the other way around. > But the files are always named correctly. Actually, I think this last point is the most important thing to retain. Consistency in the diffs makes reading test results much more efficient. The order I don't much care about. But seeing as we have been consistent with a particular order for a while, it seems like more effort than it's worth to change it. jamie.