On Fri, Mar 22 2013, Michal Vyskocil wrote: > because it seems that notmuch does not index all headers, I've written a > simple, but quite usable tool, which goes through a maildir and generate > an output for notmuch-tag --batch according a simple rules. I've > borrowed the syntax from notmuch-tag --batch format, so it should be > very easy for any notmuch user to configure. > > You can query the content of a paricular header > # tags will be applied when string is in header > +notmuch -inbox -- 'notmuch.notmuchmail.org' in 'List-Id' Hi, Michal. You might consider using a format that might be actually adopted by notmuch down the line. This is sure to set off a protracted bike-shedding debate, but let me get the ball rolling. Imagine down the line we are able to index arbitrary user-specified headers. Maybe we could adopt a new search prefix of the form: x:
: e.g. x:list-id:notmuch.notmuchmail.org I think this would work with the Xapian term prefixing, but I'll let the Xapian experts comment. Bike shed away! jamie.