On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 13:05:08 -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote: > On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 20:47:02 +0200, Tomas Carnecky wrote: > > On 4/13/10 6:47 PM, Dirk Hohndel wrote: > > > v.3 of this patch, now with the changes to makefiles, configure script > > > compat.h and all new files that I need > > > Please test on platforms lacking strcasestr ... > > Tested-by: Tomas Carnecky > > Thanks Tomas, I really appreciate it. Thanks to both Dirk and Thomas for this portability fix. I've pushed it now, with a few minor changes: * Delete trailing whitespace * Add include of "compat.h" from strcasestr.c * Use original commit message from Dirk Dirk, the commit message you sent with version 1 of the patch was perfect. When you send followup patches, please leave a good commit message as the initial content of the email. Then add any explanatory text, ("v.3 of this patch...", "Please test..."), in the email *after* the "---" separator (just before the diffstat). That way it won't become part of the commit message and our indelible history. For now, I manually touched things up, but it would be nice to not have to do that in the future. Thanks! -Carl