On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 17:03:01 +0200, Florian Friesdorf wrote: > Is it sane to have python bindings that need updates or would a plain > wrapper of the notmuch script (that maybe needs less updates) be better? > I don't want to imply that this can be answered with yes/no, but more to > get a comparison of the two approaches. Invoking notmuch the script and piping the results? I wouldn't call that python bindings anymore then. Also it is bound to be much more expensive than directly interfacing libnotmuch.so. > Naïvely, I imagine there is a header file and the generation of the > python bindings happens rather automagic. I wish it would be that easy. :-) Sebastian