On Thu, 26 May 2011 10:39:58 +0200, Thomas Jost wrote: > > When I first started implementing the custom-from feature I planned to > > use a prefix argument to get the behavior (such as "C-u m" rather than > > "M" for compose-new-mail-with-custom-from). You might even see I've got > > some code written along those lines. > > Good idea, this will probably seem more natural for Emacs users. The reason I really want to see this feature is because I always forget to change my from address depending on the context of my email. Given that's my issue, I will also always forget to use a different command to compose/reply. In other words, I think the real way to enable this feature should be via a customization variable. Either that, or I'll just modify my custom keybindings to always prompt when I just press the regular compose/reply keys. Thanks for work on this feature, Thomas. jamie.