On Sun 2019-05-05 07:49:16 -0300, David Bremner wrote: > My take away from that is that I should probably squash these two > commits into one. I've read this series and it seems reasonable to me. i agree that we should be testing messages smaller than 4096 octets, either by squashing the two commits into one, or by only conditionally marking the tests as known-broken. it's not too bad to mark it known-broken conditionally if you want to do the two-stage commit: [ size -lt 4096 ] || test_subtest_known_broken but it's a little weird, because it's only *actually* "known broken" depending on your platform's buffer size -- i could test this series in 2030 on debian GNU/Hurd 15 and find that because our buffer size is now 65536 none of the tests are actually broken yet :P I also learned some extra bash from Tomi's nit-picking review, for which i'm always grateful. thanks, Tomi! :) And thanks Rob for finding this! Please merge this series. --dkg