On Wed 2019-12-11 10:00:07 -0400, David Bremner wrote: > David Edmondson writes: > >> It seems that only “notmuch new” is currently prepared to create a new >> database, but it will also import all of my email before I have a chance >> to set the above parameters. >> >> It seems that the obvious answer is “notmuch config” will create a >> database if necessary. Is that the plan? > > Wouldn't it make sense to have "notmuch setup" do this? It has always puzzled me that "notmuch setup" did not actually set up the database in the first place. So yes, i think this is the right answer. --dkg