On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 11:01:24 -0700, Jameson Rollins wrote: > Oh good call, Jesse. Bonus points for you! That was the problem. Damn > it. In retrospect that's so obvious, though, isn't it! I had purged > the notmuch binary package, but had accidentally left libnotmuch1 and > libnotmuch-dev installed. Removing those packages and pointing to my > locally installed libraries fixed the problem. Pfeww, I was getting very scared that the python bindings have serious flaws that I am not aware of. Don't ever do that again to me :-). Glad you could sort it out. Unfortunately it is not easy to tease out the path of the libnotmuch being used, otherwise we could debug-output it. Sebastian