On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 09:52:09 +0100, Stephen Eglen wrote: > 1. Deleting emails > > I've seen the suggestions on the emacstips for keybindings to bind 'd' > to adding deleted tags. But how do you then delete the mails from > the local Maildir (and then for offlineimap to propagate back the > deletions to the remote imap server)? Do you run cron jobs to do this? Hey, Stephen. I purge deleted mails from the command line, with something like xargs: notmuch search --output=files tag:delete | xargs -l rm > 2. viewing both the search results and current thread ... > By contrast, in notmuch it seems that you either see just the search > results, or one thread, but not both. Would it be feasible to get > something more like the behaviour of VM and MH-E? I can write elisp > fluently, but before I look into it, I thought I'd check to see whether > this is feasible. (I've just seen that this is the bottom item on Keith > P's wish list: http://keithp.com/notmuch/) I don't know of anyone who has worked on this, but it sounds like it could be interesting (and that others might be interested), so go for it! jamie.