On Sat, Aug 11 2012, Ciprian Dorin Craciun wrote: > My problem with it is that it doesn't scale... And I don't mean > this in a theoretical sense, I mean it in the concrete one: I have > about 661k emails... And a single `notmuch sync` takes a few tens of > seconds... Hey, Ciprian. That sounds really slow, which makes me wonder if there are other things going on here. I have 155k messages, but notmuch new takes a fraction of a second for me. This initial indexing certainly takes a long time (hours potentially), but additions after that should be really fast. What version of notmuch are you using? What version of xapian? jamie.