On Thu, Jan 03 2013, Jani Nikula wrote: >>> I am unclear about how this is going to deal with queries containing >>> newlines. For dump/restore I think this is not a problem (as Austin and >>> others have said), but for batch tagging I think it could be; for >>> example the query could be for a tag containing a newline. >> >> Yes, that's true, this patch series does not support queries with tags >> with embedded newlines. They can still be removed (and added) via either >> batch tagging or the command line. We could just live with this, or > > I think we should just live with it. It's a bunch of code with some UI > wrinkles for a marginal feature. Tags with newlines are psychotic. We should just explicitly forbid them by preventing them from ever being applied and then never have to worry about them again. jamie.